The Center for Youth Integration is an association of citizens whose mission, for 18 years, in consultation with children and the community, is to contribute to the creation of an inclusive society, by improving existing and creating new mechanisms that provide equal opportunities for capacity building of each individual child involved in life. work on the street and a child at risk of becoming one.
The Center for Integration of Youth is expanding its team and is looking for a person to perform cultural mediation/translation activities within the Program of Support to Refugee Children and Migrants at the Krnjača Asylum Center.
Position: Cultural Mediator/Translator for French
• Active translation and interpretation in the Children’s Corner when establishing and maintaining communication with children and their parents who use our services
• Participation in the implementation and design of activities for children together with other team members
• Translation and active participation in educational activities with children included in the school system
• Referral to other services on the premises (medical assistance, accommodation, food, clothing, internet communication, etc.) in accordance with the referral mechanism created for that location
• Active representation of the organization and promotion of its values;
• If necessary, perform other tasks on the orders of superiors.
• Excellent knowledge of French (spoken and written)
• Graduated from the Faculty of Philology, French Language and Literature Group – preferably
• Previous experience in working with children – desirable
• Ability to adapt to migration dynamics
• Ability to respond quickly and efficiently in crisis situations;
• Computer skills (MS Office);
• Category B driver’s license – preferred;
• Active knowledge of English – desirable.
Engagement implies paid probationary period of 2 months and after that potential conclusion of employment contract.
If you are interested, you can send your CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is April 4, 2022, by 3 p.m.